or email us at MichiganAGD@gmail.com
**PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION IS CORRECT**
**There is no fee to attend. However if you DO NOT SHOW UP or if you Cancel without stated advanced notice (21 days) YOU WILL BE CHARGED $100 to your credit card. It is within Dr. Saad’s discretion to not charge this fee based on explanation given.**
**Registrations received after November 22, 2023 will be charged a non-negotiable late fee of $100.**
Attend 2 courses iin 1 day! Dr. Jason H. Goodchild presents these half day courses!
BETTER MEDICINE, BETTER DENTISTRY Updates for the treatment of medically complex dental patients
We commonly see medically complex patients. Management of these patient includes not only understanding the chronic disease states but also the medications the patient is taking. And finally, how does all this information potentially change how, when, and where these complex dental patients should be treated? This interactive program looks at some of your most critical patients, common disease
states and their management. Case studies will augment the delivery of key points and a problem-based learning approach is encouraged so that each participant’s questions are addressed. Most importantly, you will learn at least five strategies to successfully treat medically-complex patients on Monday morning; after all, the goal is to make sure all dental appointments are not just successful for your patient, but also for you and your staff.
– Understand the four main challenges of assessing medically complex dental patients.
– Discuss the concept of procedural risk and how to select and de-select appropriate patients.
– Describe the four main risk factors to consider when treating medically complex patients
– Review common disease states and/or conditions such as diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, antibiotic prophylaxis, bleeding disorders, and more
– Learn how to plan and implement a strategy for safe and effective dental treatment of patients with complex medical histories
MEDICAL EMERGENCIES IN THE DENTAL OFFICE: What ‘s in Your Emergency Kit and Why?
Preparing the Entire Dental Team to Manage Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office Medical emergencies are defined as any condition that if left untreated may lead to patient morbidity or mortality. However, if your definition of an emergency is any condition of a patient that raises your blood pressure or pulse rate – then you need to take this course! Medical emergencies happen. Studies estimate that on average a practitioner will be faced with a medical emergency in the dental office twice every year! Some of these occurrences can be minor; some of these situations can be life-threatening. The good
news for practitioners is that 75% of emergencies can be mitigated by good local anesthesia (pain control) and effective stress reduction. For those few instances when an appropriate response could be lifesaving, each practitioner must be prepared with a properly equipped emergency drug kit. The purpose of the course is to emphasize patient safety and educate you on the seven essential drugs you should have in the medical emergency kit. Even though the right answer always includes dialing 9-1-1, you can start the chain of survival in your office!
– Understand and recognize the most common medical emergencies in the dental office.
– Learn how manage the most common medical emergencies in the dental office.
– Learn what equipment and medications are needed to manage medical emergencies in the dental office
– Be capable of preparing and using the seven essential drugs
Program: Friday, DECEMBER 1, 2023
8:30 – 9:00 . Registration
9:00-12:00 . Registration & Morning Program
12:00-1:15 . Lunch On Your Own
1:15-5:00 . Afternoon Program
Location: Kellogg Hotel and Conference Center. MSU
55 South Harrison Road, East Lansing, MI 48824-1022. (517) 432-4000.
Hotel Reservations (800) 875-5090 http://www.kelloggcenter.com/
3.5 FAGD/MAGD Lecture Credit Hours Subject Code 730, 3.5 FAGD/MAGD Lecture Credit Hours Subject Code 130
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD HANDOUT
Contact: Chrisitne Saad DDS